I enjoy reading emails from Josh Bezoni, Co-Founder of BioTrust Nutrition. He usually discusses really simple ways to lose weight and keep it off. What I enjoyed about one of his most recent newsletter was that he shared how losing weight doesn't have to involve high costs foods.
There are many inexpensive foods you can eat, which are filled with protein, fiber, and which you waist line will love. So, with that said, let's take a look to see what Josh has to say.
Coach Josh here and of the biggest excuses I hear for NOT eating healthy is the expense. And although it's true that some health food is more costly than the "fake food" you will find on the $1 menu at McDonald's, there are still LOTS of great choices—especially if you buy in bulk (at places like Costco).
Here are my top 7 low-cost foods for a flat belly: (Prices are from my local grocery store in Austin, TX) I try to buy organic versions whenever possible, but if organic doesn't fit in your budget that's OK. It's important to focus on healthy choices no matter what.
1. Avocados: These little suckers are loaded with two nutrients that are KEY to killing belly fat: hunger crushing fiber (11 to 17 grams per avocado!), and monounsaturated fats, which studies have shown to actually "spot reduce" belly fat. Zowie! ($1 to $2 each)
2. Peanut Butter: Okay, not just peanut butter, but mostly any seeds and nuts (these are the best): pistachios, walnuts, almonds (or almond butter), pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds. Why? They keep you full and satisfied for long periods of time, and they're stuffed with healthy, belly-burning fats and minerals. ($4.99 for 16 oz organic peanut butter and it lasts a long time.)
3. Cottage Cheese: Loaded with calcium and low-fat protein, cottage cheese will keep you feeling full for long period of time while supplying the amino acids your muscles need to grow. ($3.49 for 24 oz of Daisy Cottage Cheese)
4. These Veggies: Turns out certain vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, and cabbage contain special phytonutrients, such as indole-3-carbinol (I3C), which help to fight against environmental estrogens that can add belly fat. Mom was right… eat your veggies! (Costs vary, but look for sales. Frozen is fine.)
5. Eggs aren't bad, they're nutrient-dense and loaded with belly-burning protein, vitamins B6, B12, A, D, E, and K, folate, choline, lutein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, they keep you full for long periods of time. Choose eggs that come from free-range chickens. You'll get more healthy nutrients. (As little as $2.99 a dozen for cage-free versions)
6. Oatmeal: Packed with fiber and whole-grain goodness, you can't go wrong. Just be sure to avoid the processed, high-sugar junk out there and stick to slow-cook oats. Add a dash of cinnamon, some walnuts, berries, and a natural sweetener to taste. BAM! Good stuff. ($3.88 for 42 oz of slow cooked Quaker Oats!)
7. Beans: Black beans, navy beans, refried beans, and lima beans all have 6 or more grams of fiber per ½ cup. Fiber can clean your system of pounds of "toxic waste" and reduce your belly bulge in a big way. (A can will run you around $0.92.)
On the other side of the coin, it's important that you know which so-called "healthy" foods to AVOID if you're trying to drop flab. In fact, did you know that certain "healthy" foods can actually DAMAGE levels of important fat-burning hormones in your body?
Even more, these same foods RAISE levels of your fat-storing hormones, making it nearly impossible for you to lose fat...
And one of them is a vegetable!
4 Hormone-Killing Foods to NEVER Eat http://thefatburninghormone.com/hormone-killing-foods/?sid=bt0424
To your success!
Co-Founder, BioTrust Nutrition
Weight Loss Resources:
-Would it be ok if you lost 1 pound a week without following all those crazy celebrity crash diet and turn your body into a fat burning machine? Click here to see how http://lovinlife.idlife.com/mealreplacement
- Transform Your Body Forever in 45 Days Flat with Tom Venuto's "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" program! http://tinyurl.com/ykt8gjq No Magic Pills, No Extreme Diets, No Living At The Gym... Discover The Little-Known Secret Celebrities, Bodybuilders And Fitness Models Use To Stay "Photo Ready" Fit
Is this the cause of slow fat loss, frustrating plateaus and weight regain? Don't Make This Huge Mistake in 2014
-Tom Venuto's "Burn The Fat Blog" http://www.burnthefatblog.com
-Dr. Oz Blog
The metabolism myth almost no one wants to believe:
All Diets Are Useless without This!