Sunday, November 6, 2011
How to Get Lean Quick-10 Sure Fire Tips To Get The Ultimate Lean Look
Have you been wondering how to get lean quick, especially after looking at some lean people? You know, some of the folks on those Beachbody DVD's, some of the guys and gals at your local gym, etc.? Does it seem maybe kind of hard for you to get that way? Maybe you think its too complicated?
In an article by Tom Venuto called, "The Get Ripped Diet 'Cheat Sheet': 10 Simple Steps to Ultimate Leaness", he talked about this. Tom says that:
"Getting a ripped body with extremely low body fat-lean enough that you can see all of your abs-remains not only elusive to most people, it also seems complicated."
The truth is, Tom believes that getting ripped is very simple. Easy? Not on your life! Simple, heck yes! Following are some of the highlights from his article on the 10 steps to ulimate leaness. Be warned though; its not easy to follow this very strict diet for prolonged periods of time. However, if you stick to it for 6,8, or even 12 weeks, you will be amazed at your results!
With all that said, lets dive into these 10 steps:
1. Make sure you get an accurate count of what your caloric needs, use a conservative deficit, and carefully track your caloric intake. If you want to get busy and serious about this and have a timeline, guesswork is out the window! You have to be accurate here. Tom recommends the Katach McArdle or Harris Benedict calorie equations to determine your basal metabolic level and daily calorie maintenace level.
To help you out, most men need about 2700-2900 calories a day to maintain their weight and women 2000-2100 calories a day. Your calorie deficit would be 15-20% below maintenance or deficit to lose 1 pound a week.
2. Get enough protein. Simply put, a high protein diet is one of the keys to getting ripped. Some recommend 1 gram of protein per body pound. Tom says to get ripped like a bodybuilder or fitness model, go higher like 1.25 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound. For instance, if you are a women who weighs 140 pounds, you would need about 175 to 210 grams of protein a day.
3. Chosse lean sources of complete protein. The good news for vegaterians and vegans, plant based proteins count too. Examples of good lean sources include chicken breast, turkey breast, lean game meats (e.g. venison, bison, etc.), white fish, egg whites and whole egges. Whey protein shakes, soy protein shakes, etc. also can help.
4. How to get lean quick? Better add lots of veggies daily! Get plenty of green vegetables and other fibrous carbs. After you know what protein you will be eating for a meal, choose a fibrous carb or vegetable to go along with it. Examples of fibrous carbs include non-starch vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, green beans, spinach, cauliflower, red/green peppers, onions, mushrooms, kale, collards, etc. You will not get fat by eating a diet rich in healthy vegetable such as these!
5. Wisely use starchy carbs in small amounts. You don't have to give up these type of carbs because they do help keep your metabolism and training energy at peak levels. Restrict yourself and you will go insane or just totally fall off the diet plan. Examples of starhy carbs include steel cut or old fashioned oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, beans, lentils, black eye peas, etc. It's best to add these carbs to your first meal of the day or to your pre and post workouts meals.
6. Use the carb cycling method every 4 to 7 days. All this means is one every 4 to 7 days, eat enough calories to where you are at your maintenace level or slightly above. If you are just starting out, once per week is recommended. If you have been working out for a long time, increase your carbs every 4th day.
7. Eat 4-6 small meals a day. This may seem challenging for some, but Tom says virtualy all bodybuilders and physique athletes prefer small, frequent meals with each containing a protein source. While one can lose weight on any number of daily meals, this just seems to work very well for most people.
8. Eat mostly the same thing daily. I know, this sounds very boring! Keep in mind, though, that this isn't something you will do forever, Plus, the truth of the matter is that most physique athletes eat just about the same thing daily. It's easier to prepare the food this way, you will know exactly what you'll need when you shop, and it makes the diet simple.
9. Have a written meal plan. Remember, no guesswork is allowed! In your meal plan creations, include the food name, serving size or weight, calories, protein, carbs, and fat. This also will help alleviate calorie counting every day if you already have written down the nutritional information for your meals. There are also online sources to assist you in this area.
10. Pay attention and document your results. This includes measure results, make the necessary changes along the way, and adjustments as needed. Tom calls this the feedback loop system or "cybernectic system." You have to track and zero in on your ultimate goal: to get ripped and drop all that excess body fat! This means monitoring your weight, body fat, measurements, appearance, how clothes fit. Not like what you see? Then make changes whether it be to your workouts, meal frequencies, what you are eating, etc. The bottom line is that if you stay focused, you will be able to drop those pounds and fat!
Now that you have learned all this, how to get lean quick doesn't seem such a mystery anymore does it?! Getting the ultimate lean look is simple, but not easy! But, if you follow all 10 steps here, you will be able to lose the weight, fat, and feel great!
Looking for more tips on how to get lean quick and ultra thin? Then click here http://loseweightwithease.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-lose-weight-plan-follow-top-9.html
Train Hard! You Can Achieve Success!
P.S. Click here to Transform Your Body Forever in 45 Days Flat? http://tinyurl.com/ykt8gjq
P.S.S. What will you look like in 90 days? You can lose weight once and keep it off forever! Join us at the Shrink Team Challenge! To join the challenge, visit http://www.moniquehawkins.shrinkteamchallenge.com/