Do you have friends who never seem to put on weight and can eat anything they want?! I sure have. I sometimes think they must be following some sort of special how to lose weight plan few people know about!
The truth is that genes do have role to play. However, according to Dr. Stephen Gullo, Ph.D, someone who has helped thousands slim down, slim people follow simple strategies to keep the pounds off. Here are the top 9 weight loss secrets of the thin and trim which can help anyone looking to lose weight:
1. Thin people never skip meals. These folks never let themselves get so hungry they start to compulsively eat anything in sight. They have structured eating habits. Most eat three meals a day and two healthy snacks to keep their blood sugar stable.
2. Thin people eat a healthy breakfast. Their breakfast includes things like getting enough protein and fiber. Examples include eating oatmeal with skim milk, low fat yogurt with fruit, etc. These things will satisfy the appetite, keep blood sugar stable, and keep one feeling full longer.
3. The ultra thin act quickly. If a thin person gets on a scale and notices they have picked up a few pounds, the immediately cut back on their portions and get in more exercise. After all, it’s much easier to drop 3-4 pounds than 20!
4. Slim people weigh themselves regularly. Most people who lose weight and are able to maintain their weight and fat loss (which is crucial) weight in once a week. A gain of even 1-2 pounds causes them to closely monitor their eating habits for a few days.
5. The ultra slim never, ever deprive themselves. Instead, they get creative and come with strategies to restrict foods with high caloric value. They don’t purchase them for their house and instead select individual portions or serve them when they have company or on a weekends.
So far, when it comes to a how to lose weight plan, these weight loss tips are extremely easy to follow! Here are more to aid you in your weight and fat loss plan.
6. Thin people get enough sleep. Research has shown that sleep deprivation can stimulate the appetite, especially for carbohydrates. So, make sure you are getting enough sleep!
7. Those who are thin move around a lot. Studies show they exercise regularly. This does not mean they hit the gym all the time, but are involved in some sort of movement everyday such as gardening, taking the stairs instead of an elevator, parking further away from the store, etc.
8. The ultra thin practice portion control. They have an awareness of what food they can eat plenty of which will not pack on the pounds. These foods include lean protein, fruits, and vegetables. If they do overeat, usually it is for a special occasion such as a holiday meal, birthday, special meal out, etc. They do not make it a habit.
9. Thin people don’t use food as a way to cope with emotions. Some people will use food to cope with anxiety, depression, stress, and anger. Those who stay trim never let food be therapy. What they do is to find healthy ways to deal with their emotions such as walking, reading, talking with a friend or pastor, going window shopping, etc. Thin people have learned that mental diversion turn off the food switch.
As you know see, the how to lose weight plan and keep it off for the slim and trim really isn’t such a secret after all. You probably have heard about these strategies many times. Now, it up to you to take action and follow these tips so you can lose weight and fat, plus keep it off for good.
Train Hard! You Can Achieve Success!
Have you tried that crazy wrap thing? If not, click here to see how it works: http://www.wrapwithmonique.com