Since it is the holiday season, everyone wants to know how to continue to loose weight fast instead of gaining weight!
You may have heard that if you boost your metabolism it will help you lose weight and burn more calories. This is true. This will also help you to get skinny quick.
So since weight loss is your goal you just might be interested in these five ways you can boost your metabolism.
1. Eat more green leafy vegetables. Dark green leafy vegetables like arugula, collard greens, dandelion greens, kale, chard, and spinach are full of vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, and lots of fiber. These vegetables are packed with loads of antioxidants and they are so healthy for you, but what really helps you increase your metabolism is the fiber content in these vegetables. Your body is going to burn a lot more calories because of the work it takes to digest the fiber in these foods.
2. Drink ice cold water. Here is something that many people are not aware of; when you drink ice cold water your body has to heat the water to body temperature before it can be processed! Therefore you can burn more calories in any given day simply by drinking cold water! So next time you have a glass of water, make sure you drink it ice cold!
3. Eat 5-6 small, healthy meals throughout the day. Normally your body will horde calories as there are relatively long gaps between meals. However, eating small amounts more regularly throughout the day will encourage your body to naturally burn calories and body fat more quickly as your body knows it will be fed more often.
4. Do interval cardiovascular training. A number of studies have shown that doing intense physical exercise followed by a period of rest is more effective at inducing fat loss than simply training at a moderate intensity for the same duration. Doing interval training creates what is called 'after-burn' - following interval training your body burns at a higher rate than it would normally, thus burning more calories and naturally speeding up your metabolism.
5. Eat more fruit. Whole fresh fruits have actually been said to have "negative calories." this means that your body will burn more calories digesting the food than it stores from eating the food. To ramp up your metabolism you may want to try adding fresh fruits like blueberries or strawberries or bananas to your cereal or your smoothies every morning.
6. Eat spicy foods, chilies, and curries. Have you ever eaten a spicy meal and felt your body break out in a sweat? The capsaicin in many hot peppers and other spices literally fire up your metabolism due to the "fire" it creates inside your body. Some studies have said that there is a 50% increase in metabolism after eating a spicy meal that contains capsaicin. So you may want to keep a bottle of hot sauce on your table and add it to your dishes at meal time.
If you follow these tips, you will find it much easier to achieve your weight loss goals!
To Your Success,
4001 back creek road, gore, VA 22637
I just found out how you can lose weight the new way.